Competent and experience staff can consult on and assess the MIC risk in your system.
- Advice on the best in-field or in-lab tests to provide meaningful data for your system
- Provide professional interpretation of NACE Certified MIC assays to give useful results
- Perform field trips to conduct MIC testing
- MIC failure analysis
- Assessment – Determine MIC risk within your system
- Assays – Capable of performing in-field microbial assays
- Serial dilution bottles
- ATP assays
- 16S rRNA gene sequencing and interpretation of results
- Mitigation – Suggest customized treatment programs to control MIC in your system
Broadsword can provide a detailed threat evaluation of microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC) threats.
Broadsword can evaluate DNA sequencing results to determine the corrosion potential of the microbial community and from this, a biocidal treatment program can be developed and recommended to a client. For more details regarding chemical treatment programs (including biocides), please refer to the chemical treatment program page.
If clients have existing MIC related data, it can be interpreted to provide the client with a better understanding of the possible MIC issues in their system.
For more information regarding MIC, please contact us.